Thursday, January 13, 2011

End of Day 4......Am I destined to be FAT????

Am I destined to be fat? That is the question of the century for me. I feel as if everything is going against me. I weighed myself this morning and I have gained 1 pound. Now, I am well aware that your weight fluctuates and there are many things that can play a role but it kills me that I have made such dramatic changes in my diet and Im not seeing any results. Yes, its only been a few days. Yes, I havent been exercising at all. BUT, I went from drinking nothing but sodas and eating a ton of fast food TO drinking nothing but water and eating grilled chicken and veggies. WTF!!!!!!

Not only am I struggling with the whole food situation but I also suffer from something called PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) which pretty much makes me put on weight, makes it impossible to lose weight, makes it impossible to conceive and increases my blood sugar. Another thing I need to try to control. UGH! Im just all around frustrated with the situation.

On a lighter note. This is my plan. I plan on continuing what I am doing with my diet. I ordered the Kinect for XBOX and I am also getting an elliptical this weekend. That should take care of my exercise. I have to realize that I didnt gain all this weight overnight and I am certainly not going to lose it overnight either. It would be nice though--lol. Sure, I have a few things fighting against me but anything worth having is worth fighting for and I intend to fight for this.

So, Am I destined to be FAT?? Nope! If there is anything I can control in this life I am l living, it is my weight and I intend to take control. I foresee me being a happier, healthier and more confident me in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, you need to relax. Take a deep breath. Then another. Feeling better?

    Don't focus in the numbers. Hey, one 400 cal meal will make gain 2 pounds, if enough sodium and carbs are there. Heck, drink 2 glasses of water wil make you gain 1 pounds of weight - not fat just weight!-. Just as if you hold 2 cups pf water while weighting in.

    I'll challenge ya-- came up with 5 goals you want to accomplish. The trick is: no "I wanna weight.." or "I wanna wear a size..." Smething not related to weight or size.
    Heck, examples: "I want to jog for 5 blocks without stopping" or "find 10 healthy recipes (and cooked them) that I like(many yucks in your way, but hey, it's a educational process".

    Don't worry about your weight just yet. Focus in other aspects. And relized it's going to take a long time. Not becaue of the way fat can melt.. It's actually the speed our mind can change its mindset. Your brain is the most importan weight-loss muscle.

    Oh! Abd you're NOT destined to be fat. Just grab life the balls, then you'll be on charge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. VERY FRUSTRATING!
    I also have PCOS. Kinda sucks. But I pretty m uch ignore it. LOL is that bad?
    if so- oh well.. cuz if i dwell on that I will lose my mind and never lose any weight!

    We'll just take it one day at a time and get this done!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mean to sound insensitive but I just wanted to offer some advice: which i'm sure you have already heard in terms of your PCOS and weight loss. But before I do that, let me tell you a little about me.

    I'm 20 years old but self-diagnosed my Cushing's disease at the age of 16. i had gone from a perfect dancer body (about 140isn lbs) to an achy, sweaty, swollen 170ish girl in 8 months. After 2 failed brain surgeries, i had only gotten worse in my Cushing's and despite my best efforts to NOT eat and exercise every day, I was gaining 5-6 lbs at a time, not just 1. I finally got my adrenal glands removed last April and lost 52lbs from June to December because I got my source of the problem fixed.

    Now, I don't know a ton about PCOS but I know hormones are involved and I had one of the WORST hormonal diseases out there. I urge you to get your PCOS problem fixed as much as you can before you really focus on weight loss. It will probably just make the whole weight loss process more frustrating.

    Most importantly: don't feel sorry for yourself! I had the worst 4 years of my life and never felt sorry about my weight because it was out of my control. Take control back and do what you can about your PCOS and if you can't keep working at the weight loss and be happy that you probably still recognizable to people you know, because others with hormonal problems haven't been so lucky.

    Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete