Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Baby Steps.....

Hello again!

I took a step in the right direction today. I reached out to my old friends from the WLC. I have heard back from a couple but for me it was more about putting myself out there again after all this time. It took great courage on my end to extend myself after all this time. I certainly felt embarrassed, ashamed and guilty but I had to just face the music.

They say that you are your worst enemy and your worst critic but I cant help but feel I have let people down along the way. It may seem like a small thing to do but its something. Baby steps.

I am vowing that I will post a blog every single day. Whether it be about the good, the bad, or the ugly. This will help me be accountable for the choices I make along the way.

The first goal I wanted to focus on was school and I have gotten the ball rolling on that already. I went to the college and applied. Now I just need to wait to hear from them before I can do anything else with the schooling.

While I am waiting for that to come through I am going to start with the weight loss journey. Like I said earlier, I have begun by trying to get myself out there within the WLC. I will be posting stats on here, such as, my weight and the foods I am eating as well as the exercises I am doing. I want to take the rest of this week to really get myself prepared, such as, food shopping and dusting off some exercise equipment. I will officially start that part of it next week. In the meantime I will focus on reaching out to some more people for support and accountability.

I feel really good about this and I really hope you can follow along. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I will post again tomorrow with some more good news (hopefully-lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment